In 1999 the church achieved its status as an official church in the June Yearly Meeting sessions and was the first Hispanic church to reach this status in our organization through the work and effort of evangelization and preaching in southern California.
The work has multiplied and strengthened with different ministries that have originated in the church including: 2 musical groups, a leadership department, a "MOPS" program for children, "after-school" tutoring, a music institute with "solfa", a Bible Institute (I.H.P.L.A.), and a project to care for children of single mothers.
Currently we have 98 active members and between 190 to 210 people in attendence on Sundays. A parsonage was just purchased with a value of $190,000.00. The Sosas have been members of the church for 6 years.
4100 E. Gage Ave.
Bell, CA. 90201
Senior Pastor: Amílcar Sosa
Pastor: Lorena Sosa
Church Administrator Pastor: Manuel Ortiz
Assistant Pastor: Adolfo Oliva
New Church Development: Douglas A. Portillo
Number of Members: 98
Number in Attendence: 195-210
Bible Instititue: I.H.P.L.A. I & II from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Worship service at 7:30 p.m.
Bible Institute: I.H.P.L.A. I & II from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.,
School of Music from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Worship of Societies (Children, Ichthus, Youth, Young Adults, and Adults) 7:30 p.m.
Sunday School at 9:30 a.m.
Devotional Service at 11:30 a.m.
Once a month Praise and Worship at 6:30 p.m.
Friends from Bell - Pastor Amílcar Sosa with wife Lorena standing behind at the right.
1. Continue helping the new fields of Friends Church Southwest.Note: Currently our senior pastor, Amilcar Sosa, is the director of the D.L.I.A. (Latino Department of Friends Churches) and of the New Church Development Program.
2. Project "After School Tutoring" using computers with children of limited resources from the community.
3. Missions Department.
4. Beneficiary Project "Extend your Hand"
5. Special child care project for single mothers in order for them to work or attend school.
6. Counseling with professional and official assistance for children, youth, couples and those on probation during special office hours during the week.
Return to Directory